10 Reasons to Move Office
Although there is uncertainty over many things at the moment, one thing many of us are doing is evaluating what our office space looks like. Seeing as a huge percentage of our day is spent working, we think it’s pretty key to get it right.
Here are our top 10 tips on when we think you should look to move office…
1. Facilities – If you’re not using your office space to its full capacity, i.e. you’re paying for facilities like coffee machines you don’t use or desks that are likely to remain empty it may be time to look at different office space that better fits your needs.
2. Location – Is your office space in the right location for your business’s needs? Often, we get locked into leases that keep us in one location but our business demands change and the location is no longer right.
3. Wellbeing – 2020 has been a tricky year to say the least for many and the importance of health and wellbeing is on everyone’s minds. If your office space is no longer the right premise for a healthy / happy workplace perhaps it’s time to rethink…?
4. Size – Perhaps you are one of the fortunate businesses that has seen huge growth in your workforce this year and you’re bursting at the seams when it comes to office space. Sounds like it might be time to find a larger premises?
5. Working from home – Many more of us are working from home and even when covid restrictions are not in place we can see that there is a future for working at home rather than paying for expensive office space. Now could be the time to start thinking about stopping office leases and moving your office to your study!
6. Sustainability – More important than ever to ensure your workplace is environmentally friendly and if you invest in things like renewable energy you may even save some money in the long run.
7. Cost – Is your office space economical and giving you good value for money? This is something to check regularly as business needs and demands change.
8. Fresh Start – have you been in your current workplace for a long time? As much as stability can be a positive it can hamper creativity and productivity. It could be a good time to look at a new office for the wellbeing and productivity of your workplace.
9. Safety – Sometimes as businesses evolve and change the general layout / functions of an office become unsuitable. When drawing up safety at work assessments your attention will be brought to the suitability of your work premises.
10. Changes with supply chain – Often businesses have to look at relocating to be closer to certain suppliers or natural resources. The same market forces that apply to a company’s customer base also apply to its suppliers. Long distances mean higher transportation costs and longer response times.